This is a very pretty dye that comes out a kind of bluish-purple. Iíve found that different varieties of berries will yield slightly different shades of color. The color is also affected from year to year depending on the weather, ground nutrients, and the general health of the plants.
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 quart water
stove or heating source
large enamel or stainless steel (not aluminum) pot
study wooden or plastic stirring utensil
container to collect dye
material to dye
1. Combine blueberries and water in the pot.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Crush berries and simmer for another 15 minuts.
4. Strain mixture and discard the berries.
5. Add the material to be colored to the dye.
6. Let the material soak in the dye until the desired color intensity is reached.
The famous daily shows you important history that happened on this day.